Custom 3D Puff Embroidery Capabilities & Applications
3D puff embroidery is a surefire way to take a custom hat or sweatshirt to another level. The 3D nature of this design method makes your logo pop from the surface of the garment and elevates the overall quality of decoration. At Merchology we can apply your logo to a variety of custom apparel and headwear.
Custom 3D Puff Embroidery Options Include…
Applications for 3D Puff Embroidery
- Promotional Products
- Custom Hats
- Custom Golf Apparel & Accessories
- Custom Logo Corporate Apparel & Uniforms
- Trade Shows
- Recruiting Events
- New Employee Gifts
- Industrial Custom Workwear
When to use 3D Puff Embroidery as a Decoration Method
3D puff embroidery is not the easiest customization method. It has added steps in the process that make it more time consuming and expensive. However, those steps are taken for a reason. 3D puff embroidery is probably the right decoration method for you if…
- You want your logo to pop – custom 3D embroidered logos have a dimensional depth to them. Being raised from the surface give makes your company logo stand out.
- You want a design that lasts – 3D puff embroidery is extremely durable, even more so than regular embroidery. There’s no reason that a 3D embroidered logo or design shouldn’t last just as long as the hat or garment it’s embroidered on.
- You want a higher quality look – hats and apparel decorated through 3D puff embroidery have a more stylish and sophisticated look to them. You can tell that the design was not made the cheapest way possible and no shortcuts were taken.
When Should I Consider a Different Decoration Method?
- The material you’re decorating isn’t fabric – like normal embroidery, 3D puff embroidery can only be performed on fabric. We do offer hard goods and accessories that are decorated with custom embroidered patches, but this is reserved for standard embroidery. If you are not customizing products made of fabric then look into screen printing, laser engraving, debossing, foil stamping or pad printing.
- You have an extremely detailed logo or design – 3D puff embroidery has a hard time achieving intricate details or small lettering because of the thickness need to produce the 3D appearance.
- Your design contains a lot of colors – if your corporate logo or design contains a wide variety of colors you may want to consider digital printing or heat transfer printing. Embroidery is limited to the thread colors available whereas printing can make just about any color.
What Materials & Products can be 3D Embroidered?
3D puff embroidery can be performed on just about anything that can be embroidered, so pretty much any fabric of any type. One thing to note though, 3D puff embroidery is much more common on heavier items like hats, sweatshirts, and workwear because it provides an added weight itself that can cause lighter fabrics to sag. If you are looking to embroider t-shirts or polos, then standard embroidery is your best bet.
If you want a design that pops, you’ve come to the right place! Check out our guide to 3D puff embroidering to see how its done or take a look at our complete Custom Decoration Methods to see what we’re capable of. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to reach out to us for answers!